Grand Cayman (the largest of the three Cayman Islands) has a lot to offer in terms of activities, so we thought we would make your life easier by putting together a typical day in and around the Seven Mile Beach area:
- Get up early and take a stroll along Seven Mile Beach. The temperature at this time of the morning is perfect for a refreshing dip in the crystal clear turquoise waters, so don’t forget your towel. Walk back to your hotel for a shower and a lavish breakfast.
- Stop off for lunch at the Waterfront Urban Diner and order the Cayman Mahi Mahi while you people-watch.
- Once you have refuelled, head to Camana Bay and enjoy the morning shopping and walking along the waterfront. This vibrant ‘town’ is packed full of shops, bars and restaurants and there is a Farmer’s Market every Wednesday where you can pick up fresh fruit and vegetables as well as locally-made produce. Look out for the Cayman hot pepper jelly and items made from the Cayman Islands national tree, the silver thatch palm.
- Stroll back to your hotel to grab a towel and some sun cream ready for a trip to Stingray City.
- On the boat ride out, get your GoPro ready to take some amazing shots of the wild southern Atlantic stingrays that will be swimming around your legs while you stand in the water. You will also get some fantastic shots of the marine life on one of your reef snorkelling stops. Who knows, you might even see a turtle!
- Go back to the hotel to freshen up before heading back down to Seven Mile Beach for a pre-dinner cocktail as you watch the sunset.