Whether you’re a hopeless romantic or just looking for a great photograph, the sunsets in the Cayman Islands are not to be missed. With a little help from the locals we’ve come up with the top five places to watch this spectacular natural phenomenon (in no particular order):
- Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach offers uninterrupted views of the sunset, so take your camera and a blanket to sit on and wait for the sun to melt.
- Macabuca/Cracked Conch – this bar and restaurant up in West Bay is famous for its views of the sunset, made better by the deckchairs outside and the daily happy hour.
- Cemetery Beach – this stretch of beach is relatively quiet in comparison to some of the others, so is the perfect romantic spot to watch the sun go down.
- Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa – the hotel gets the name ‘Seafire’ as a result of the fiery sunsets, so you can guarantee the view here will be incredible.
- From a catamaran – what better way to see the sunset than from the water? Join one of the sunset catamaran cruises from Seven Mile Beach for gorgeous views of Grand Cayman as you sip on a refreshing cocktail.